Green Energy and Sustainability ISSN 2771-1641
Manuscript Submission Deadline: December 15, 2022 Submit Now
Institute of Bio-Economy & Agro-Technology, Centre of Research & Technology Hellas, Dimarchou Georgiadou 118, 38333 Volos, GreeceE-Mail
Global agriculture relies on fossil resources for covering most of its energy needs and supporting agricultural productivity. Agricultural mechanization brought positive impact on productivity and efficiency and also on labour intensity and workers’ fatigue, but the impact of agricultural activities on the Global Warming Potential (GWP) became extensive through greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions directly emitted from livestock digestion, agricultural machinery and indirectly through land-use intensification and agricultural input application. Industry and research entities have been developing novel technologies and strategies related to more sustainable energy production, efficient use and GHG emissions reduction. Based on this situation, the Special Issue focuses on research outputs related to all technological advancements that could reduce energy and emissions footprint of agriculture.
More specifically, the thematic areas of interest are:
1. Farm on-site renewable energy production (biomass/biogas, solar, wind, hydro, geothermal etc.);
2. Energy efficiency and rational use of energy in agriculture;
3. Machinery use, field operations, agricultural input application in open-field crop production;
4. Lighting, dehumidification, heating, cooling, air conditioning, intelligent energy management systems in greenhouses and nurseries;
5. Buildings’ envelope, by-products for energy use, energy efficient equipment, heating, cooling, air conditioning, intelligent energy management systems in Livestock production;
6. Soil carbon sequestration strategies.
Agriculture; energy; efficiency; carbon footprint; sustainabilityManuscript Submission Information
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor been under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a single-blinded peer-review process. A guide for manuscript submission is available at Submission Instructions.